Saturday, June 14, 2008

Visit to FVT

It was the first time I went to the “Federación Venezolana de Tenis” FVT (Venezuelan Tennis Federation) a month ago, and I wish this won’t be the last one. I didn’t know very well the location in the beginning, because I never had been in “Santa Rosa de Lima”, a housing development in the east of Caracas City. Luckily I found out there is a bus that leave you just in front of the place. This is not obvious since Santa Rosa is relatively far from the common places of the east of the city.

Finally when I arrived I could see a lot of Tennis courts, although there weren’t much people playing, also there weren’t much people in the place in general, probably because it was Sunday, or simply there aren’t much people able to go to that place, at least not often as I thought. The main office was closed but I was interested particularly in the visit, in some cases I like to know new places even if I’m not going for business.

I went to the shop but it wasn’t as big as I thought, but there was an unexpected big restaurant just above, a branch of one situated in the center of Caracas. It was an Italian food restaurant, and I find odd there was such place in a sports complex.

When I was about to leave that nice place I met a Tennis instructor, he told me I could take his lessons with a night group, but I told him I was not able to do that because I live relatively far away from Caracas. He gave me his phone number just in case, since he sometimes teach during daylight, so maybe when I have the time for do it I won’t doubt in calling him or go to the main office on working days.

2 comments:

Writer said...

Hi Sergio, welcome to the blogosphere and to the tennis association. Now you know where it is and perhaps can come to watch games when there are international tennis matches (which is not that often, unfortunately).

I had read in your wiki page that you liked to play tennis. That´s our family sport, the one we enjoy watching together and will not get tired of. My son used to play it really well as a child and participated in several tournments. I was forced to learn it because I had to warm him up before the matches and I had to learn how to keep the score as well. Since I am not very competitive -and most people who play it socially are- I sort of got tired of the pressure and just play it once in a while now.

Did you know that USB has a tennis trainer? I wonder if it is just for the university team students. There are tennis lessons for teachers too.

Who is your favorite tennis player? I think one of the Japanese ladies likes tennis too.

See you around, ;-)
Berta

Berta said...

Well, it seems you have not had much time to continue posting in this blog. I wish I could have read more about you in your personal space here.

Cheers, Berta